FollowMeTwitter

Follow me on Twitter

Monday, March 15, 2010

Blog Virgin

I am a single 34 year old living in Cairo. You can think of me as the female version of Steve Carrell's character in "The 40 year old virgin", with the exception that I am happy with with my Career so far.
One might ask why I would start a blog. To be honest I've asked myself the same question, "Why am I starting this blog?" A couple of years ago I felt like my life was in a rut, so I decided to take some time off from work and focus on other things in life. Truth be told I was happy. I was able to read books, spend more time with my nephew, organize my closet, cook healthy food, exercise and do things I couldn't do while I was working a full time job because I was either too tired or stressed for time. But nothing lasts forever, after 18 months of bliss I had to go back to working full time. I have been back for 22 months now. I am okay with going back to work, lets face it I have to if I am going to support myself, buy an apartment, and save for my retirement, yet I still feel that something is missing. I have gone back to eating junk food and not exercising at all. I try to read as much as I can. I only get to see my nephew(s) and niece once a week. But again I am okay with it all - these are small sacrifices one has to make in life. Maybe I have started this blog to give me a sense of purpose, to have a forum where I can say what I want, when I want. Maybe I am hoping that this blog will help me find the little something I am missing in my life. I don't know.
Now the hard thing is to decide on what I will write about. Choosing a topic is not hard, for I am very opinionated and out spoken. The difficult thing would be to narrow it done a few selected disciplines. So, I have decided not to choose, I will just write about whatever I feel like writing. I will write about my quest to fitness and a healthy life. My failed endeavors to find romance. The challenges I face at work. Whatever comes to mind , will go into the blog. I promise I will try not to get bumped up when I have no followers, because I am blogging for me. It'll be great if someone else happens to like what I ranting about - but if not then that's okay, for I will live to blog another day !

No comments:

Post a Comment